New research by Nickelodeon analyses 6,500 families in a study that aimed to discover what it’s like to be a pre-schooler in today’s world. The study compared Aussie parents with parents from 12 other countries. The below insights into Aussie parents were found:
- 88 % expressed concerns about their child’s future.
- 24 % are concerned about their child’s safety – 14 % on the global average.
- 77 % believe children should learn through their own experiences.
- 65 % listen to a child’s opinion before making a decision that affects them.
- 74 % think learning through play is more important than formal learning.
- 82 % encourage their children to play outdoors compared to 76 per cent globally.
- Aussie pre-schoolers only spend an average of 2 hours a day outside, below the 2.4 hours.
View original article here