As Millennials begin to move into their late 20’s & early 30’s, the new generation of Gen Z is slowly coming into focus – ready to make their mark on this world. Gen Z is defined by those born after 1996 and according to a study conducted by Pew Research are determined to make the world a better place. Key facts from this study include;
- By 2020, Gen Z is expected to account for an enormous 40 per cent of all consumers.
- You will find that Gen Z will engage and align themselves with content that is usually a representation of themselves, values and expectations.
- This group is proving more passionate and will engage in topics around politics, inclusivity and social responsibly compared to other generations.
- Want to have their voices heard on issues they are most passionate about.
What does this mean for you and your brand?
- As Gen Z is set to take up a large proportion of the consumer market, brands need to move towards shaping key messages that this generation wants to align with.
- As trends are evolving at a more rapid rate, this puts pressure on brands to stay connected, relevant and know why this audience will or will not purchase their products. Additional market research will benefit brands who have previously marketed to Gen Y as a way to stay across changing preferences and buying behaviour.
- Brands need to be conscious about the social and political issues this generation are engaging in and pay close attention to the emerging and social trends they are immersing themselves in.
Source: Gen Z to take over, MANDY SQUIRES, Herald Sun, 12 January 2019
Want more insights about your customer and their relationship with your product and market category? Kids Business Communications delivers custom and full service Quantitative and Qualitative Market Research for your brand. Measure market awareness, competitor analysis, brand perception and why mums are – or aren’t buying your product. Learn more here.